I’ve finally got the chance to try out this pottery store called Play With Clay for mother’s day here in Guelph. I know this post is late since mother’s day was a little over last week, but we were just able to pick up our finished pottery on Sunday, so I thought I would share the results on my blog!
Play With Clay had the option of either moulding your own piece from scratch, which would be a 2 week process or simply painting an already finished piece, which we opted to do. The process of painting and glazing a piece only takes about 1 week. Prices vary from each piece but usually range from 25 – 35 CAD dollars. There was a huge variety of pieces to choose from! My mom and my sister decided on a mug and I chose to paint a bowl for my dog, Milo.
The finished pieces before being put into the kiln.
Here are the final results!
Loved the way all of our pieces turned out! The colour really becomes a lot more vibrant after they are put into the kiln. I would definitely come back again and try moulding some of my own pieces next time!
If you happen to be in Guelph one day, be sure to check this place out! Also, here’s their link: http://www.playwithclayguelph.com
Hope you guys thought this was cool, and see you on my next post! I also encourage you guys to try something new with your family and friends, whether it be pottery, rock climbing, paint night… anything!
I thought that for my first blog post I would talk a little bit about myself and who I am. Since I didn’t want to make this post too long and boring, I’ve decided to make a list of 1o things/facts about myself.
- My name is Amanda Setiabudi
- I am obsessed with my 2 year old Standard Poodle, Milo.
- I was born in Jakarta,Indonesia but moved to Canada when I was 4 years old.
- I’ve recently moved to Guelph from Vaughan and still adjusting to things here.
- I’m a second year student at the University of Guelph studying Animal Biology.
- I hope to become a veterinarian (or any job in an animal related field).
- I am very crafty and love doing DIYs from Pinterest.
- Most people don’t know that I’m completely deaf in one ear! (apparently this is called single sided deafness (SSD)?)
- I love to try new things like food and activities and I always have different phases (my current obsession is with rock climbing).
- Wow it is really hard to talk about yourself, I feel like I sound boring already!
I’m still not too sure what I want this blog to be specifically about, but I know that there will be several DIYs, reviews on restaurants, travel diaries and lots of Milo related things. Really this blog is something that I think will be fun for me to do and be cool to look back on all the things I’ve documented.
Well I hope you enjoy this and hopefully I’ll keep up with this blog!
Currently listening to:
George Ezra – Barcelona, Leaving It Up Uo You
Knox Hamilton – Work it Out
Gary Clark Jr. – Things are changin’
Hozier – From Eden
Janelle Monáe – Electric Lady
Scott Helman – That Sweater, Bungalow
Lianne La Havas – Green and Gold